Please note that due to being located within the cellar area of a Grade II listed building, we have very limited accessibility to wheelchair users. People who can transfer and walk down stairs may be able to enter, but we would advise contacting us first to confirm. *WE ARE NOT STEP FREE*
We have installed handrails and high visibility guides with lighting and painted stair-nosings on the stairway down into the venue but WE ARE NOT STEP FREE.
Additionally we have installed toilet support rails in washrooms, but we do not have wholly accessible washrooms.
We aim to welcome all people from all backgrounds to The Engine Room. We will endeavour to give added support to those groups who are under-represented in music and the arts, whether as performers, audience members, or staff/hired hands.
ACCESSIBLE PERFORMANCES: Depending on the event, we may be able to provide access to: BSL Interpreted Performances.
*Please Get In Touch:-
- If you have concerns about accessibility as a performer or audience member.
- If you would like any of the performances to be interpreted into BSL
- If you specifically need a seat in a certain area (*note – we only have stools in the venue)
- Please DO report Any issues of abuse or harassment whilst in or around our venue. We want to help, and as our policy states HERE; we will not tolerate it: OUR POLICIES
- If you have an ‘Essential PA’ to discuss access.
Please note also; that as a venue we endorse and support the advice given by ‘Drink Aware‘ on their ‘Staying safe while drinking’ page HERE
We reserve the right to refuse entry (and to ask people to leave the venue) if behaviour is deemed threatening, violent or deemed unacceptable toward staff, performers or customers.